Sunday, February 6, 2011

Random musings of the overworked mommy brain...

Short post this evening as my goal of writing at least twice a week is becoming almost laughable with life's interruptions.  As my brain becomes overloaded lately, just a few random thoughts I had today.

1.  Smart cars are kind of stupid- not to offend anyone but what is so smart about a car that can't hold more than one grocery bag and looks like a tennis shoe?

2. Karma is a bitch... latest example...while walking into a grocery store today I immediately put my phone to my ear to carry on a fascinating pretend conversation in order to avoid the boy scouts posted at the front door.  No less than 10 minutes later I run into a co-worker while decked out in my best faded yoga pants, over sized Jets t-shirt and flip flops, face devoid of even a hint of makeup. In my defense, I think they were selling coupons or some crap...

3. It's tricky navigating play date etiquette and a little nerve wracking when meeting up with a new playmate's mom.  Luckily I have had some great experiences recently.  You know you have met a friend when she doesn't even flinch when your child decides it's a good idea to don her playmate's clean underwear and then proceeds to have an accident in said underwear . Typically a "please floor swallow me up" kind of moment.

4. It's o.k to have mom envy...envy those with more kids, less kids, a hot husband, in better shape, way better hair or the ability to do it all seamlessly.  These things are all o.k as long as you can look at yourself at the end of the day and know that you are a kickass mom that, with a little hair brushing and some eyeliner and sleep, are a force to be reckoned with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment